Wednesday, January 24, 2007

Sensitivity... good or bad?

I've been thinking about sensitivity as a trait in your "significant other", if I may use that term without sounding too liberal. Desirable or non-desirable?

This is what I've come down to. I think if he is more sensitive to the needs, wants, feelings of others (including mine) than he is to his own needs/wants/feelings--that would create a good balance. On the same note, I would not want him SO unsensitive to his own feelings that he didn't even know what they were, or how to express and communicate them . And, I would not want him SO sensitive to the needs of others that he can't say no or discern when it is no longer helpful to help (a big problem of my own, actually).

Anyways, enough of that.

I shot my first deer last weekend. It was a lot of fun. Perfect heart shot! And we won't talk about the gutting and stringing up... cool? cool!


I also had a very rude awakening to the art of horseback riding--bareback. I'm not so sure if I am "de-sensitized enough to my own feelings" to share that story just yet. =)

15 comments:

Kc said...

Congrats on your first food shot! We have a few *ahem* traditions here when you first bring home deer meat. I hope you didn't have to endure any of them!

Katie said...

Wow, look at you little miss hunter. I am in awe I tell you.

On and on the bareback riding lesson, yep that was how I learned to ride a horse. Climb on, hold on to the mane, give him a little kick. It was interesting as a 7 year old.

Oh and on the sensitivity, I like your "middle-ground" stance.

Nephos said...

Nice kill! I'm with kc on the "hunting traditions". I'm still thankful I took my first deer solo hunting. :)

Anonymous said...

I tell you Kristi, you are well on your way to being a country girl. First the hogs, now the deer, next a bear, maybe?

Corry said...

Oh deer, ehh...dear!
You are quit a hunter. I don't think I could shoot one of those lovely creatures. Call me too sensitive:-)

(((HUGS)))

God's Grace.

Anonymous said...

One will probably always be more sensitive to their own feelings than those of others regretably. It's human nature. Sensitivity is an attribute forged by enduring lots of insensitivity and learning to shrug it off.

Tim said...

good shot for the deer. I don't think I could kill one, though.

As for the sensitivity part? I agree that a balance is good for both the guy and the girl. But I think that's a hard match to find - two souls with equal sensitivity.

Anonymous said...

YOU KILLED BAMBI!!!!!!!

Antonio said...

I am hungry...

Godwyn Lim said...

Wow Sister Kristi,

"Anointed Sniper!" Such an exciting post to share! I envy your experience, we do not have hunting grounds in Singapore!

Great Post sister to share! Have a Bless week ahead!

audrey` said...

Happy Valentine's Day =)
Jesus loves you, Kristi.

Anonymous said...

i can't shoot one, just don't have the heart but if that thing attacks me, i guess i will. hehe...

Timothy said...

Kristi,
Excellent shot. I would like to add that you are on your way to becoming a fine Texas Woman!

Gig 'Em Aggies!

(You realize that the other school would look down on you for killing a deer. It's way too politically incorrect!)

Tim said...

ummm, kristi??? new post is requested....


Hope you're doing ok down there in San Antonio (or wherever you happen to be at this moment!)

bigwhitehat said...

You have just elevated yourself in my esteem. Nice shot.