Sunday, January 07, 2007

Wow... time flies

I signed on to blogger and noticed I completely missed the whole month of December! Wow... well, a lot has been going on. I trust everyone had wonderful holidays with their family and friends. My Christmas was definitely very different this year. I stayed here in Texas, so wasn't around any immediate family, but did have a couple relatives to hang out with for a little while.

Well, this guy Jason who was supposedly madly in love with me and wanted to get married when I moved down here is completely out of the picture now. Good thing he was only a little part of the reason for my move! But I've been making lots of new friends and having a good time. Yeah, it was a little disappointing, but God gives grace, ya' deal with it, and move on, right?

Anyhow, a week before Christmas (without going into much detail), I had a little incident that set me back pretty good. But I managed to pull some overtime (3 fourteen hour days in a row was not fun--don't do it unless you have to!!) and got plenty of babysitting jobs from the doctors I work for, along with the help of some generous people, managed to keep on track.

So I rang in the new year...... babysitting. Yeah, I know---no fun, but that's alright. I guess everyone's already made (and possibly broken!) their new years' resolutions. I kept it simple this year--cutting out soda/coke/pop/whatever you call it, and cutting down on sweets. Yeah, little miss dedicated gym girl that I was hasn't been to the gym since I moved, and my bad eating habits are catching up with me. gotta get that under control!

I haven't had time to do any writing lately, but I kinda miss it, and might try to take a stab at it again soon.

Okay, for all the sports losses and victories and stupid mistakes I have missed talking about, here's my conclusion: Congratulations to South Carolina for finally winning a bowl game! you guys rock! Texas Longhorns get a thumbs up for barely winning a bowl game. Hope your season is a little better next year though guys. Colt McCoy--you're a pretty cool dude. And the Cowboys, my sad, sad Cowboys..... WHAT HAPPENED TO YOU, ROMO? Ever since you starting dating Miss American Idol Carrie Underwood, you completely lost your game!! Get your head right, dude! okay, too late now--you already dashed any chances of a championship. All I know is, for next year, you need to learn to put your game face on and focus and forget about your pretty little country blonde for a few hours, okay? And T.O.--it ain't all about you, and that's all I have to say about that.

I feel better now. The rodeo's coming to town in a few weeks. I think I'll go experience a good ole Texas-style rodeo. Should be fun, right? Do I have to get me some tight Wranglers, a bit ole hat, a flashy belt-buckle, and some cowboy boots to go to this? Some of my fellow Texans help me out here? If I don't have all that git-up on, will everyone be snubbing there noses and making mean "foreigner" jokes? Just wondering.

Well, my internet is officially fixed, so hopefully I'll be more regular on here. Happy New Year everyone!

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey, I just found your blog and I am glad that you are back from Christmas break!

Kc said...

We've missed you M'am!

I am thankful you've made it through these rough spots but please always let us know how we can help, even if you only need prayer.

I'll accept your judgment on game issues. ;-)

Corry said...

So good to hear from you, girl! I am thankful you are doing well and hopefully back online a bit more.:-)

Love ya!

God's Grace.

Anonymous said...

YOU'RE ALIVE!

I was beginning to think you had been eaten by wild hogs or something.

Seriously, it's good to hear from you. Hang in there and don't be a stranger.

Anonymous said...

hi, kristi! happy new year! =)

Anonymous said...

Bout time you get back here

Katie said...

welcome back and good to catch up on what you've been doin

Tim said...

kristi

glad to see you're back and semi-doing okay, I suppose??

In substitution for your sad Cowboys - you can root for my New England Patriots this weekend in the AFC Championship game vs. Indianapolis. Go Pats (look out Miami - I can sniff another championship a brewin'...)

Sorry, had to plug my team....

Bill said...

I am glad you are back....you have been missed dearly.

audrey` said...

Please take care, Kristi =)