Tuesday, March 21, 2006

A Dark Place

Heaviness
Settles over the soul
Creates a thick canopy of impenetrable magnitude
And begins to sink down further
Into the heart.

Weariness
Captivates the body
Engulfs even the mind with its unquenchable flames
And steals all remaining strength
From within.

Numbness
Replaces the heart
Creeps in as the will to fight confusion is pushed away
And provides perpetual security
Against feelings.

Loneliness
Returns in full force
Mocks all hope of opening up and trusting another
And declares himself sovereign
Over my life.

___________________________________
I hope you don't find yourself in this place too often. It's right where Satan wants you. If you do find yourself here in a dark place, then pray with me that God will give us the strength to keep going and not give up or give in. The battles we face daily can really wear on us, but we must remember that God is our strength.

"The joy of the Lord is my strength."
"God is my strength and exceeding great reward."
"O Lord, my strength and my redeemer."

9 comments:

Bobby said...

I love how you set that up. Heaviness leads to weariness, which leads to numbness. Then loneliness returns "with full force." Good.

Corry said...

Amen!

God's Grace.

Kc said...

You poem captures the essence of doubt and fear and your admonition makes the solution perfectly clear. Great Post! ;-)

Gordon said...

Thanks for the encouraging word. I'm glad that God lifts us up out of the pit and the miry clay, sets our feet on the rock, establishes our path and puts a new song in our mouths.

Katie said...

"The joy of the Lord is my stength", I love how joy can drive away all those things you mentioned, it can give us strength to stand against Satan and his desire to pull us away from God. I also love that joy comes from God, it isn't something I might posess myself, but through Him, in Him I can have joy and therefore strength.

Great words Kristi

Tim said...

Very meaningful poem. Such talent...

kdoll aka *~Puzzle~* said...

Do you write that poetry? Well, it's very good. Satan tries to do that to me all the time. I will pray next time it happens. thanks for that.

Stephanie said...

Isn't it funny that even though we have the joy of the Lord at our fingertips - at our disposal at all times - we conveniently forget that it's there and give into these emotions as you so eloquently described.

However, I love that we can just as easily turn away from it, rebuke Satan and his attempts at stealing our happiness, and take comfort in our Lord.

Great thoughts Kristi!

audrey` said...

A very good poem :)
Amen!

Yes, Jesus is our best friend.