Friday, March 31, 2006

Tonight's an All-Nighter

As many of you know, I work with the bus ministry at my church. Well, we just finished a contest with them, and tonight they get rewarded.

We're having an all-night camp-out with the winners. So, from 7:30 tonight until 9:00 tomorrow morning, complete chaos will reign. (Not really, I hope.... even though that's what happened last year...)

We'll play hide and seek in the dark--outside--including in the woods, capture the flag, kick the can... you name it. We'll have a big bonfire and roast marshmellows and make s'mores. (yum) Of course, we'll be sure to torture the first ones to fall asleep. Anyways, I'm half-way looking forward to it, and half-way a little anxious about what those little rascals will try to pull on my this year. Tomorrow IS April Fool's ya' know, and that has me a little worried.

Anyhow, hopefully, it will be a fun, safe time for the kids. I must drink plenty of Vault and/or Amp so I can stay awake all night! These kids are wild, I tell ya' and I don't trust em!!

Have a great weekend!

9 comments:

Nunzia said...

that sounds like so much fun, but I used to work with large groups of kids, so my advice is: GOOD LUCK! :) Hope you have a an amazing time!

Corry said...

I hope you have lots of fun! May God bless!
Oh, and try not to think of all the bugs playing around in the dark with you, hehe.


God's Grace.

Katie said...

sounds like so much fun and makes me miss youth ministry

have a blast and pull some of your own practical jokes

Bobby said...

Sounds like a blast. But yeah, beware the rascals on April Fools' Day ... which, technically, starts at midnight tonight.

Kc said...

So you're finally going camping eh? Have a great time! ;-)

Stephanie said...

Have so very much fun!!

Doug E. said...

I'm tired just thinking about it. but I'm sure it will be fun.

God Bless,

Doug

audrey` said...

Yeah!
Have fun.
Be bless.

Be more alert.
It's April Fool's Day today =D

Tim Rice said...

It sounds like lots of fun. Earlier in March, I participated in an all-nighter with around 340 junior youth only it was a "lock-in" and as such held indoors at a local school. If you're interested, you can read a little about it on my blog at http://ramblings10.blogspot.com/2006/03/conference-wide-youth-lock-in-activity.html. Blessings.