Wednesday, November 16, 2005

The Carpenter's Son

The Carpenter's Son

"Is not this the carpenter's son,
Revered by almost none?"
"It is only Jesus," they said,
"Mary and Joseph's little one."

"Is not this the carpenter's son,
Jesus, what has he done?"
They heeded Him not, scorning Him,
Then Christ said, "My town can't be won."

"Is not this the carpenter's son?"
It's still asked of that One.
They believe Him not, know Him not,
And reject Him, while poking fun.

Jesus, that mocked carpenter's Son,
My thanks for all You've done.
You've become so much more to me,
More than just a carpenter's son.

You're the Master Carpenter's Son.
Your work is not yet done.
You're builing my life, shaping me
With love into a faithful son.

6 comments:

Curious Servant said...

That craftsman built an amazing thing. He fashioned a cross that bridged me to Him.

More than I can repay, more than I can understand.

And, as your post said, He is crafting ME!

Kristi B. said...

Great insight, and well-put. Thanks!

Kc said...

Great Poem Kristi is this your creation?

Wonderful thought CS. ;-)

Kristi B. said...

Yes, Kc, it is. One I wrote about 5 years ago!

Corry said...

That is some good poem. You sure have writing abilities, girl.

His work is never done. Who else can craft me better then He can?:-)

God's Grace.

Bill said...

A big hearty AMEN to this poem...this is awesome! Thank you for sharing the Kristi.