Tuesday, November 29, 2005

Handling Disappointment

I know since I posted that poem about my uncertainties of this past week, everyone wants to know what happened. That's just human nature I suppose.

So, is it pessimistic of me to say that I don't let my hopes get up, because I don't want to be disappointed? And if something good DOES happen, i will be pleasantly surprised? Well, if you want to call it pessimism, then I guess that's what I am. But it saved me from being hurt once again, so I don't see any need to change it.

No, things did not work out how I wanted. I was not even able to see this person because of circumstances beyond either of our control. But, I was not terribly upset. I focused on the good things during my trip. I was able to spend lots of time with family that I just love to death... I mean, what other crazy family would have Thanksgiving outside when it is 19 degress out, snowing, and 40-mph winds???

But we had lots of good hot food, and some mean hands of spades. I got to hang with my cousins and play lots of pool and poker =) (I would have come home a rich lady if we were playing for money!)

Anyways, if something is to work out between the two of us, it will have to be totally God's doing, because I've done all I can, and nothing has come of it yet.

I've posted a few pictures in the sidebar for your enjoyment.

5 comments:

Kc said...

I've found that the disappointment comes when I set a time limit that I expect my hope will be fulfilled or when I have a false hope. I believe it is good for me to have hope that God will provide all my needs but with that I have to accept that He knows my needs far better than I do.

We really do sympathize with you and pray that you'll be blessed to realize this hope. I'm thankful you were able to enjoy the holiday in spite of this disappointment and I envy you because of the snow. ;-)

jbb said...

im sorry things didnt work out how you wanted. but trust god he will take you where you need to go, and thanks for the sweet comments. i know what its like to long for some one and have no idea what will happen with it. im glad you had a good thanks giving and hope you can enjoy regular life after a nice vacation.

Corry said...

I am disappointed when my hope turns into an expectation. As long as it remains a hope, there is no disappointment.

I am grateful you had a good holiday anyway:-)

God's Grace.

Kristi B. said...

Thank you all. You are so encouraging.

KrisT--Thanks for coming by. You are welcome any time!! I tried to comment on your blog, but I guess it's restricted to team members. So, anyway, I liked the poem you posted!

Bill said...

I am glad that you had a blast with your family. they are the ones who are always there in the end anyways. And don't lose hope....the Lord will provide the right person for you in His perfect timing. Just hang on to Him in the mean time and enjoy the ride.