Wednesday, August 24, 2005

True Love will Overcome Obstacles

Time cannot stop the love.
Distance cannot squash the wonder.
Places cannot extinguish the sparks.
People cannot quench the desire.
Age cannot bridle the emotion.
Advancement cannot mellow the passion.
Differences cannot suppress the awe.

True Love will not be tamed; for it is


More eternal than time.
More overcoming than distance.
More expansive than places.
More powerful than people.
More surpassing than age.
More permanent than advancement.
More heartfelt than differences.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I wish I could write something like that! That's awesome, Kristi! :) You should consider publishing a book of poems.

Kristi B. said...

I've considered...but I'm still chicken! I don't have enough "publishable" ones! Thanks for the vote of confidence though!

Anonymous said...

write a book, take a chance

Just_D said...

This poem is absolutely beautiful, thamk you for sharing. It's words fall right into place with me for many reasons and I will share it with a very special person in my life. There are uncertainties hanging over us for many reasons but in saying this, I do know and feel that the future for each of us is bright as long as we can work our way thru the "obstacles".