Monday, August 15, 2005

The rebuke of a friend

I just want to mention that if you have ever had a friend rebuke you in love and for the right reason, that you should thank them. I had this happen to me late Saturday night. A friend over in God's country (Texas) called me and was concerned that I was living a defeated, depressed life. He reminded me, not too gently, that I needed to remember why I was here, and I needed to get over myself and learn more fully how to love God. Wow! What a reminder. It's not easy to hear words like that, but looking back, I realize how right he was. This life is not about me. It's about loving Him. Quit focusing on disappointments that life brings your way, because we all have them! Instead remember why you are here. Remember your goal. And learn how to love God better. Thanks b.a.m!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is so good, Kristi. I know from first-hand experience how hard it is to hear the truth, but it sure makes a difference once you're willing to listen! Thanks to you, you have made a difference in my life by the truth that you have shown me in different situations, no matter how much I DIDN'T want to hear it! The great thing is that you didn't give up on me, which a lot of peope would have. You are a TRUE friend. I love you, girl! :) Thanks for the encouragement to remember why we are all here and how petty most of our problems and disappointments are in this life in comparison to what Christ went through for us. Phil. 4:6-7 has been a real help to me, reminding me that He is always there to carry our burdens.

Anonymous said...

correct me if im wrong i always that God's country was Isreal better yet Texes is not even a country. anyways iron sharpeneth iron. some times we get dull and a friend comes along gives a little encuaraging words. An the thing i found most common is that the person really at the time dont know why they are calling or droping that not , or even ran into you. God saw that you needing some lifting up and saw a heart that is willing to be used and used them to get you back on track. the great thing about a friends rebuke is that the know you and you know that the know yo u so you cant really deny it cause you know the know and know matter how much you try to play it out like the dont know it does it work so then you are just real, and reveal the reality of ther problem then half and half or just the cream with out the milk underneath, the surface is transpearent , the light goes and truly two works together when one falls the other is ther to give a hand.i know im chasing my thoughts let me catch it and STOP.

Anonymous said...

By the way, "to and fro" person, Texas IS God's Country! Israel is only God's chosen nation...get it right. Anyways, at least we Texans can spell, use correct grammar, and our sentences and comments make sense!!!!!