Wednesday, August 03, 2005

Patiently Endure

I can't take it; I can't stand it--I'm sure!
This boring life, and Satan's tempting lure.
But in God's Word, I read of His great cure,
"My child, just patiently endure."

The many suff'rings and sorrows, endure.
Both small and great testings of faith, endure.
For a life of peace, for a heart that's pure;
In trials, patiently endure.

In life, we must have a patient spirit.
This patience we don't easily merit.
Though the burden is great, we can bear it
Because with Christ, we can share it.

Christ's love is great, His eyes soft, His arms strong.
Throw Him your list of cares, however long.
He'll take you troubles and send you a song.
Saying, "My child, it won't be long."

Once all of our sorrows are fled away,
We come through the night into a bright day,
Having learned much patience along the way
We will be content here to stay.

No comments: