Saturday, August 13, 2005

You pay for what you get

So this issue came up over the weekend, and I have been thinking a great deal about it. When you pay money to go to a Christian concert, do you feel that you are supporting everything that group stands for and all of their associations? Certain people feel like you are. I disagree. Think of it this way: When you go to a restaurant, are you worried that your money is going to buy alcohol? No, your money is going for your food and your service! When you purchase a book at a bookstore, are you supporting all the other books that they sell? No, you are paying for what you get! I feel the same applies with a concert. I pay for what I get. I received encouragement through music. It definitely brought me closer to God. I was able to fellowship with other Christians. That's what I got--that's what I paid for.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

some times you are getting more then what you payed for.