Tuesday, January 31, 2006

I wish it had just been April Fool's

But, no. It's always something.

So, it really could get worse yesterday, AND IT DID!

I must have a sign on my back and my forehead that invites bad luck and trouble.

Last night, I was once again standing beside my vehicle, calling 911, calling the local police, calling my insurance agent (who, by the way is probably on the verge of discontinuing my policy!), etc, etc.

I know what you are thinking. And NO, I was not in another wreck!

Last night, while at the gym working so hard in my BodyPump class, outside in the parking lot some no-good, theivin rascals broke my passenger side window and stole my purse from underneath the seat. No, it was not just left in the seat, it was not merely sitting on the floorboards; it was shoved under the seat. And it was dark out.

The guys must have seen me get out of my Jeep without a purse and decided to strike.

So, anyways, they got my un-insured $300 dollar phone, Eight (8) credit cards (no, I don't use them all; I have them for emergencies. I have really good credit and keep them all paid up!), my checkbook, the title to my Jeep, my Social Security Card (uh-oh), several other cards, body spray (oh my goodness!) and Bible tracts! (ha ha. hope they read that, get convicted and return my stuff!)

Now, I must get my window replaced, but I have no way of paying them. The bank will not let me get any more than $25 without identity. The DMV.... well, I don't even want to go there! The insurance company needs a police report. The police are waiting around until later to type it up, because it is so hard to type in a few numbers and eat doughnuts at the same time. (sorry... had to!)

Basically, I'm stuck.

And, on top of all this, my proverbial gas light is on! Now what?

Well, I must go work on figuring some stuff out. I'll keep you posted. Don't even get me going on what a pain it was to cancel my credit cards. Give me a real person, and make it someone who can stinking speak English for crying out loud. GRRRR.

I'm okay. I promise. Just had to release some tension.

_________________________________
Oh yeah... One other thing... Last night I read Psalm 69. Verse 4 says, "I restored that which I took not away." How appropriate, huh?

18 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Kristi. PLEASE let me know if you need ANYthing, and I'll do my best to help you out, okay?! I love you, and I'm praying for you. :)

Corry said...

I am so sorry! Girl, if there is anything you need or we can do, please let us know!!!

I am grateful you are ok. This too shall pass, although it is of little consolation right now. You are in our prayers!

Love you, girl.

God's Grace.

Katie said...

STINK

Really that is all I have to say in light of this. I'm sorry and I hope the process of reclaiming everything is not too painful.

Seeker said...

Oh Kristi. So sorry to hear this news! I am praying.

Timothy said...

Kristi,
Sorry all this is happening to you... It must be frustrating. Would it do any good to remind you of our Sovereign Lord in control of all things? For some reason, He is having you go through these trials that are not much fun, or pleasant. It is sometimes hard to trust Him in times like this, but let me encourage you to do so. He is our Good Shepherd and will lead you through it all... especially the valley of the credit card companies... I will pray that it works out for His glory, and your benefit.
Blessings

Out Of Jersey said...

I'm sorry sweety, it'll work out for you. If you need anything let me know.

Luke said...

Dang...Sin can cause a lot of crap.

steve said...

God punishes

that always makes me feel better

;-)

Kristi B. said...

Steve, are you saying God is punishing ME, or He will punish the dirty, rotten, filty, low-down, good-for-nothing scoundrel who robbed me?

Kristi B. said...

You all have been so supportive. Thanks!

Here's a little update:

I did go get a new license today. I got my windo replaced already. I got some cash and filled up my gas tank. I have cancelled just about all of my credit cards. I had put a fraud alert on my credit report.

Next, I have to replace my phone, somehow get everyone's numbers that I lost, get new credit cards, find out how to get a new Social Security card, file police reports in several different jurisdictions. The thief made over 10 gas purchases in 2 hours, holding out over $1000.00 from my accounts.

So that's that. It's not so bad, really.

jw said...

bad deal indeed! 8 security cards for emergencies? Sounds like you're overly safe.

audrey` said...

I'm so sorry to hear about this very unpleasant incident.
Please take care, Kristi.
You're in my thoughts and prayers.
**HUGS** **HUGS**

Stephanie said...

Oh I'm so sorry sweetheart! Keep your chin up. God will take care of you :)

Prayers!

Tim said...

dont you know you shouldn't carry credit cards? Cash is the way to go. {JUS' KIDDIN'}

Man that IS a bummmer. I had my wallet stolen several years ago. Pickpocketed right from my pants pocket, on a crowded subway car, I believe. Didn't even realize it for several hours.

Next time you will know to bring your purse with you and leave it in your locker (LOCKED, hopefully) while you pump iron.

Though it could always be worse, y'know?

Glad YOU are okay... will keep yopu on my prayers.

kdoll aka *~Puzzle~* said...

That doesn not sound nice. Looks like you really did experience a madness monday to it's full potential. Man, that sucks. I hope everything works out soon for you. I once had a scary moment when I thought I'd lost my wallet. It had a few hundred dollars in it, my credit card and medicare card, healthcare card and a whole lot of other cards that took so long to 'apply for' and 'collect'. Luckily I found it tough. it was on my fathers desk in his study. Lol! It's funny now, but at the time I was bawling my eyes out.

God Bless you!

Anonymous said...

oh, kristi. i'm so sorry to hear that. but i'm glad you're ok, i mean, i thought you were in another accident. those who got your purse and broke your car's window will surely get punished for that in His time. i'll be praying for you, sis.

Antonio said...

Whats a "proverbial gas light"?

Is that some feminine thing? Or is it just a cute phrase for flatulence?

Kristi B. said...

Antonio,

I say "proverbial gas light", because with me, it seems as though my gas light is on more than it is off. People always give me such a hard time about driving around with the light on! It's almost a given with me.