Tuesday, January 17, 2006

I am SOOOO in love!

Okay, all of you guys out there who just read that title and felt your heart drop to your knees, because, alas, one of the last cool, single, Christian girls just bit the dust (okay, so maybe not...but let me flatter myself anyways), go ahead and relax. Breathe. It will be okay. I'm in love with my new gym. Ha ha. Gotcha.

I finally got to go check out my new gym last night. This place is completely amazing! I don't even know how to start describing it, so here's what the Gold's Gym website had to say. I don't think it does it justice, though!



OPENING JANUARY 14TH 2006 AT 8AM-Gold’s Gym's Columbiana Point! Our new, state-of-the-art fitness facility near Columbiana Centre in northwest Columbia! Gold's Gym has retained several of the top designers and architects of fitness centers in the U.S. to ensure that the Columbiana location will provide an exciting and comfortable environment for our members. The new gym will be one of the largest in the state with 45,000 square feet of the finest in fitness equipment and amenities.


A new larger Kids Care area will be open and available for all members. The Kids Care center is a revolutionary idea with games and activities for the young ones to enjoy and learn while you work out.

Want to watch your favorite movie while working out? The new Cardio Cinema will allow you to run, bike, or perform other cardio activities in a movie theatre setting. A schedule will also display when particular movies are playing so to choose what to watch while working out.


A dedicated RPM/Spin room is planned. This room will house 30 bikes dedicated to cycling use and classes. The room will also house over 20 fans to keep you cool while you cycle away. Also included will be two group exercise rooms. The first, larger room will be utilized for classes such as BodyPump, BodyStep, and BodyCombat. The second room will be a smaller more relaxed environment to serve as a classroom for Yoga and Pilates. The room’s ambiance will reflect with a relaxing look and feel.

The first level will provide private access to a Women’s onlyfacility. This unique area will blend both cardio and strengthening equipment and discrete access for Women wishing to workout.

A private physical training area will also house cardio and strength building equipment as well. This private state of the art area will be private for those seeking real results through one of our many expert personal trainers. The PT area will also feature equipment from ‘The Core’ and we will be the only gym in the area to provide this service.

The gym will also feature a café. The café will proudly serve Starbucks coffee and many of your Starbuck’s favorite drinks. Healthy protein shakes will be available for
purchase for the workout buff. Signature sandwiches of a unique variety will delight the senses and other bakery items such as bagels, muffins, etc. will be available as a light refreshing snack.

Other features will include a light-filled mezzanine level for cardiovascular equipment, an indoor/outdoor pool with a retractable roof and whirlpool, a racquetball court, a basketball court, in addition to an expansive area for resistance and free weight equipment. The front desk and retail shop will provide a pleasant
environment for relaxing after a workout or indulging in your favorite post-workout snack.

Sounds pretty cool, huh? I think I'll just move my bed in!

11 comments:

sofyst said...

My heart did not drop, but my eyes did roll. You know my opinion concerning dating and all that; I am the proverbial hermit who thinks all things 'love' and all is poo!

Maybe either that or just one who has gotten his heart broken too many times and is now bitter. :)

But, I do have to say I am addicted to running as well. I do it almost every night and love the crap out of running. Perhaps I shall start dating my running. Because you know that is what you MUST do, date that which you love! [rolls eyes]

:):):)

Kristi B. said...

So, then I guess I must start dating my gym, right? You are too funny, Adam! =)

Timothy said...

Well, I was actually hopeful for you... sorry it just a gym... how sad. :(

But if you like your gym so be it. I use to be a runner when I was in my 20s... and that lead to me being a cyclist when I was in my 30s... In my 40s I'm a father now... so all bets are off! Plus, it's quite a work out... crawling around chasing LBB on the floor, lifting him above my head... etc..

BTW, I was so addicted to running that when the doctor told me I had to quit because of achilies tendinitus, I went home and cried. I couldn't believe it... my identity was stripped away from me...

jbb said...

hey sorry i havent been on lately. i no ,onger have my internet access...so i have to go to the library to get online which i absolutly hate. but its all for a good cause. ive been doing an unpaid internship with my pastor, which is awesome, and right now im reading through the bible (of course) and desiring god. its an awesome book. i liked the poem you wrote about having a dark heart and struggling after your love for god. i feel that compleatly. im glad you found a gym you like and i hope all is well. ill try to be on more and post some poems so dont forget about me. and if you ever get real curious if ive died or not write me an email. i check that slightly more often. well fight the good fight, and rember stay in prayer.
-jbb

Corry said...

I am so glad you love it. It sounds great! Especially the Kids Care center. Yeah, I could stand spending some time in that, haha.

I think you guessed it already. I am not much of a "work-out" person:-)

God's Grace.

Kc said...

I didn't see anything about food. Do they serve food? I would need food. I would suggest you check into that when you pick a guy too. Does he serve food? Can he cook or will he just bring home the bacon? All very important. ;-)

Tim said...

Oh, yes - my heart dropped there for a sec before I caught it. ;>) (I hate picking my heart up off of the floor and having to pick of all of the fuzzies from the rug) Ok that was a lousy attempt at humor.

That gym sounds great. I need to find time to going to a gym & getting in shape. (I'm thin out of shape not fat out of shape- -in case you were wondering...

Kristi B. said...

Everyone here is so great! I love you guys. Your humor and comments made my day!

Anonymous said...

i'm not a gym person but i do pilates. gold's gym is a good one. enjoy your new gym! c",)

God bless.

Bill said...

Congrats on the new gym....

Out Of Jersey said...

Now that's just wrong. I was seriously broken hearted there.