Monday, January 23, 2006

"Even God Himself couln't..."

When I hear these words, I know, I just know someone's in for trouble.

Isn't that what the captain or somebody with the Titantic said? "Even God Himself couldn't sink this ship."? And we all know what happened there.

Well, one of our lovely, high-esteemed ESPN reporters yesterday was bold and brash enough to say of the Panther's WR, Stephen Smith, "Not even God Himself could cover Smith."

Now WHY, please tell me WHY he would go and just declare automatic doom on my team. I mean, come on. That's just asking for and sealing the defeat right there.

Does he really believe God CAN'T? Well, if he did, I believe God was involved in the turnout of a little football game last night.

I don't understand how someone could just spout off a statement like that without thinking. Well, on second thought, yes I can. The unregenerate mind is an ugly thing. But c'mon. Why the Panthers? Couldn't he have said it about Alexander or someone else?

No wonder we couldn't get our game face on last night. And that's all I have to say about that.

10 comments:

Tim said...

Give credit to Seattle's defensive game plan. And three INT's by Jake Delhomme didn't help the Panthers' cause, either....

It's hard to deal with, I know. I was disappionted in how the Patriots lost in the playoffs as well.

Out Of Jersey said...

That's a good point Kristi. I'm remembering what my parents used to tell me,

Think before you speak.

Katie said...

poor Kristi, the game was ROUGH.

Nate said...

That game stunk!!!! But Seattle played a heck of a game...Go Stealers!!!

PEACE,

NATE

Tim said...

cube rev: too bad too many people do the reverse:

speak before they think

steve said...

So did Smith end up with positive yards?

God is the ultimate Safety!~

Kristi B. said...

Yes Nate, Go Steelers!!!

Steve, we're still fighting!

Bill said...

lol....lol...GO SEATTLE!!!

Out Of Jersey said...

Am I the only one here who doesn't give a crap?

Timothy said...

Kristi,
Come on, you don't really believe that what an announcer said could doom a team?

It's guys like me who doom teams. Every team I've pulled for so far, has lost. :)

My prediction:
Steelers 14
Seahawks 27

After all, I can't bring myself to pull for the Seahawks... Go Steelers...