Wednesday, January 11, 2006

Interesting Stuff

Thank goodness for the person who thought of that little "recover post" link. That was a God-send today! I had this all typed out, then my computer crashed. But the "recover post" saved some... I only had to retype half!

This is my 100th post, by the way... Yea!

Okay, anyways... people have been telling me that since my car accident, I have had a personality change. Now, I don't know if it's true or not. BUT, I was looking through some old files today, and came across this "personality analysis" I had saved. Now, I don't put much faith or seriousness into all these personality tests and all, but this particular one was pretty thorough and I thought the outcome was pretty much right on the money for me at that point in time. Here's what it said:


You are the sort of person that needs a peaceful environment. You seek release from stress and freedom from conflicts and disagreements, of which you seem to have had more than your fair share. But you are taking pains to control the situation by proceeding cautiously and you are right in doing so as you are a very sensitive person.

Whichever way you turn you feel that you are being utterly thwarted. There is considerable conflict in the air but you will stick to your beliefs and not be deterred in endeavouring to attain your objectives.

You honestly believe that your hopes and ideas are realistic, but there seems to be no one around to give you the necessary reassurance and encouragement. You are egocentric. You believe that you are always 'right' -well maybe you are but you have a short fuse and are likely to take offense for the slightest reason. You are holding back. You need to find friends in whom you can trust and once they have proved themselves beyond all possible doubt you will be prepared to give them your all. The existing situation is not of your liking - you have an unsatisfied need for mental stimulation with others whose standards are as high as your own.

Trying to control your instincts the way you do restricts your ability to open up to others and the way you feel at this time is suggestive of 'total surrender'. This is not to your liking as you consider such thoughts as weaknesses that need to be overcome. You feel that only by control, controlling your innermost thoughts, are you able to maintain your air of superiority. You want to be admired for yourself alone and not for what you can do or for what you may have done. In essence 'you need to be needed' and at the same time 'you need to need'.

Yeah, that "you need to be needed and at the same time you need to need" really struck me. That is definitely me....or WAS me.... I don't know anymore!

So, I took the test again today, and the one thing I was afraid of was definitely on there. Here it is:

You are trying to prove to others that nothing can really affect you. You are pretending to be stoical - indifferent to pain or pleasure and indeed even superior to any form of weakness. As a result, more often than not, you unfortunately act with undue harshness or severity by adopting an autocratic and self-willed attitude.

Being a likeable person you get on well with neighbors and friends. You don't need anything to 'Rock your boat'. You want to 'love' and to be loved'. You are prepared to establish a particular relationship that is being made available to you at this time. It could be a satisfactory liaison but there could be a certain amount of conflict involved -try to avoid direct confrontation at all costs.

For some time now your hopes and expectations have been denied and because of this you are becoming withdrawn and introverted. Continual disappointment has manifested itself in you becoming both suspicious and restrained you have become withdrawn from others and have receded more and more into yourself. You seem to have lost your innate enthusiasm and imaginative nature, for fear that you may be carried away by it only to find that you are wasting your time. You are loath to trust people, as in the past your trust has been misplaced. You seem to be keeping yourself cautiously aloof from others. At this moment in time your attitude is to trust nobody - until they can provethemselves to you.

You are presently worried about your future and you feel that whatever you do will go wrong. At this time you are your own worst enemy. All the disappointment that you have experienced, coupled with the fear that there is no point in formulating fresh goals, have led to anxiety. You would like recognition and a position of trust but you are concerned that these hopes and dreams may not be realised. You are very argumentative and insistent that you are right - maybe you are - but you are pushing too hard. Take it easy, let go, and smile. Smiling and agreeing with people works wonders - try it and see.

Wow. So, yeah, the "responding with undue harshness" part is what people have been telling me about.

I thought it very interesting that in BOTH of them, I am always right!! ha ha. Who would've ever thought?

Well, go try it yourself. Here's the link. Read through the introduction then click the box on the right to take the test.

10 comments:

crossblade said...

he he
thanks for the comment!!!

and I sure will take the test...
the recover post is really a blessing....

have a great day at work!!!

crossblade said...

btw congratulations on the 100th post!!!!!!
thomas

Bill said...

I only made one mistake in my life and that was when I was thought I had made a mistake....lol.

Bill said...

this was the result of my test....It is sorta accurate...lol.

You work hard, seeking success. You are self-sufficient and in spite of all the trials and tribulations that have beset you in the past you carry on regardless.. You are one to be admired because you pursue your objectives single-mindedly and with initiative. You know that you can 'do it' and what is more, you will - without necessarily being dependent upon the goodwill of others.

You are a very warm and emotional individual but unfortunately in the past too many people have taken advantage of this sensitive trait. You need aesthetic surroundings, or an equally sensitive and understanding partner with whom to share a warm understanding.

You are a dreamer and you seek perfection in any relationship that you may establish. Some of your ideas and standards are over the top so it may be a good idea to review your perception of life and accept people for what they are - not for what you would like them to be.

You are being unduly influenced by the situation that is all around you. You do not like the feeling of loneliness and whatever it is that seems to separate you from others. You know that life can be wonderful and you are anxious to experience life in all its aspects, to live it to the full. You therefore resent any restriction or limitations that are being imposed on you and you insist on going it alone.

You are trying to build up your own position and you resist all external influences. You insist that you are your own person and you will not tolerate any outside interference. Decisive and proud, you are true managerial material.

Anonymous said...

ok kool I love those thing and I will have to take the test tonight after church. Have fun. I dont think you are harsh but that could be that i dont really hang with you since the accident. and congrats on the 100th post that rocks!

Kristi B. said...

Ha ha, Josh! You got me really good. I kept thinking, "Who is h-s-o-j? And obviously, it's someone I hung out with a long time ago... And they've never commented here before..." I was completely baffeled. That was great! =)

Timothy said...

Congrats on post 100. I reached that, but then buried the blog and now I'm at 12.

But i think it's a much better blog...

Sorry about the harshness. I struggle with that as well, and Beth is being used by the HOly Spirit to work it out of me as well.
Blessings

Tim said...

I took the test & posted the results on my blog.

Kc said...

I have a suspicion on why you've adopted the new attitude. If you're nice I will share it one day (hehe). I am personally afraid of these profiles. I already live in fear of someone finding out I'm nuts.

I'm really proud you're a regular blogger and congrats on the 100th! ;-)

Kitty Cheng said...

congrats on your 100th post, great achievement!