Monday, January 30, 2006

Happy Monday.

I had this whole long post ready, but then I changed my opinion about the subject after I read everything I typed, so that idea was trashed!

So, instead, here are ten good reasons you can be glad you are there and I am here!
  1. I am grumpy in the mornings!
  2. I probably won't usually speak until after lunch today.
  3. My throat hurts.
  4. I did not get a good parking spot today.
  5. No O.J. or coffee this morning.
  6. I'm tired.
  7. Everybody seems to be talking about marriage. Frankly, I'm sick of hearing it.
  8. It's Monday.
  9. I ate too much junk over the weekend, and I'm gonna feel it when I work out tonight.
  10. I have to do laundry before I can go work out.

Okay, that's a bit depressing. Let's look on the brighter side of each of these, shall we?

  1. At least I woke up this morning.
  2. I am able to speak, and will have plenty of people to speak to later on today.
  3. I don't have a horrible disease.
  4. I did get a parking spot today.
  5. I did have an apple strudle pop-tart this morning.
  6. I don't have a physically-exerting job.
  7. Hopefully, some people are developing stronger marriages.
  8. Tomorrow will be Tuesday.
  9. At least I have a great gym to go workout in.
  10. I have clothes to wash.

So, still not the most encouraging list, but at least I'm trying. You should probably still be glad you are there and I am here. It only gets better from here!

14 comments:

Elisa said...

"Almighty God,
As I cross the threshold of this day
I commit myself, soul, body, affairs, friends, to thy care;
Watch over, keep, guide, direct, sanctify, bless me.
Incline my heart to thy ways;
Mould me wholly into the image of Jesus,
as a potter forms clay;
May my lips be a well-tuned harp
to sound thy praise;
Let those around see me living by thy Spirit,
trampling the world underfoot,
unconformed to lying vanities,
transformed by a renewed mind,
clad in the entire armour of GOd,
Shining as a never-dimmed light,
showing holiness in all my doings.
Let no evil this day soil my thought, wors, hands.
May I travel miry paths with a life pure from spot or stain.
In needful transactions let my affection be in heaven,
and my love soar upwards in flames of fire,
my gaze fixed on unseen things,
my eyes open to the emptiness, fragility, mockery of earth and its vanities.
May I view all things in the mirror of eternity,
waiting for the coming of my Lord,
listening for the last trumpet call,
hastening unto the new heaven and earth.
Order this day all my communications
accordingto thy wisdom,
and to the gain of mutual good.
Forbid that I should not be profited or made profitable.
May I speak each word as if my last word,
and walk each step as my final one.
If my life should end today,
let this be my best day."

from Bennett, Arthur, The Valley of Vision,The Banner of Truth Trust,1975. (pg. 220)

Note: I love this book. It is a collection of Puritan prayers and devotions. They are aboslutely beautiful and inspiring, and often times, convicting.

Stephanie said...

Hahahaha you're funny: "Tomorrow will be Tuesday". Hilarious.

Sorry you're having a bummer morning!

I second the last two comments: couldn't have said it better myself!

Nate said...

Kristi,

Here it's 33 degrees and raining!! So I might have you beat on the weather!

PEACE,

NATE

Matthew Celestine said...

I am always grumpy and depressed in the morning, no matter what time I get up.

God Bless

Matthew

Katie said...

kristi - well, since our weekends were similar I will share with you that our mornings have been too, blah Monday mornings are just a pain

Kc said...

We love you wherever you or we are. ;-)

Kristi B. said...

Looks like I should've re-read this post as well, "I probably won't usually speak until after lunch today"???? What in the world is that supposed to mean? Oh, well.

Beth and KrisT--thanks for those nice thoughts.

Stephanie--I'm glad you found the humor in this. I really wasn't trying to be serious! I couldn't think of anything good about "today is Monday" so I just had to settle for "tomorrow will be Tuesday"!

Nate: you definitely have me beat on the weather. You can keep that nasty stuff up there!

Matthew--ah, so we have something in common. I am SSOOO not a morning person!

Katie--how true your words are! Unless it is a state holiday, and I get to sleep in! =)

Kc, thanks! I knew you did.

Nunzia said...

it's great that you can work these things out for yourself .. and share them with us. I think we've all been to some of those places! Hope you are well!

jw said...

Great outlook actually! Brighten the corner where you are... you can find good and bad in most everything, attitude is all important, but it's not everything... that's grace.
God bless, Justin

Kitty Cheng said...

Your list is really interesting. I wish I could be there to meet you Kristi.

So what does your work as a fiscal analyst on the state budget involve?

Kitty Cheng said...

Your list is really interesting. I wish I could be there to meet you Kristi.

So what does your work as a fiscal analyst on the state budget involve?

Corry said...

Wheather you are here or there, you are always a blessing:-)

God's Grace.

Tim said...

A pessimist views the glass as half empty. An optimist views the glass as half full. A realist says, "I'm thirsty." ;>)

Out Of Jersey said...

If it makes you feel any better if anyone wakes me up from a sounds sleep I'm in a pissy mood.