Monday, August 22, 2005

Helloooo Michigan!

Rochester Hills, Michigan, if you're in the house, this one's for you!

I have a friend who is very, very talented in all the areas I wish I were talented in. He can sing just beautifully, play the piano by ear really well, play with great skill any sport you can think of, he can make anyone and everyone feel at ease and laugh in no time at all, really good looking, can fit in with any group, knows just what to say all the time. . . you get my point? I mean, the list could go on and on. When I first became friends with this person, I would feel inferior (not because HE made me feel that way, but I just kept noticing how much better he was than me in everything); I would feel like I had nothing to add, you know? Why does he need ME as a friend, I have nothing to offer--he has it all. Those were the kind of thoughts I had. But I guess he kinda sensed I was feeling that way, and he started making a big effort to find whatever he could, even the smallest little things, to compliment me on, and make a big deal about so that I would feel good about myself, and I would realize that I DO have some talents that he didn't. It was really a great blessing. Not because I needed my ego built up or anything, but because it made me feel like I had something to bring to the table.

Here's just one example of what I'm talking about. I was helping him finish up some last minute work for the semester by typing some papers for him. While he was watching me type up his work, he started going on and on about how fast I could type, and how he was no good at that. It's really small, yes, but it made me feel good.

Maybe you could try something like that with someone who feels inferior to you.

P.S. If Holly, Michigan is in the house. . . I miss you!

P.S.S If L.B. is reading this, yes, I was talking about you!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

2005 Woodward Dream Cruise -- Ford
Criticizing Steve Jobs and the Apple Mafia Autoblog is now available in Spanish .

Hi, you have a great blog. I'm definitely going to bookmark it.

My Site is a classic cars for sale related page.

Check it out if you get some time.

Anonymous said...

Wow! that really helped me understand things much clearer. I hope that very significant "whoever" in my life read it and will comment too. I send you hugs and kisses! I love you and I am praying for your situation.
Sister, nice blog! I'm really impressed. maybe you can share a little bit of your talent with you vikingboy77 brother? EVERYBODY, THIS IS THE BEST BLOG!

Anonymous said...

Wow, this was so encouraging! It all makes so much more sense now. I really hope to turn this whole thing around soon. Thanks so much, Kristi!