Tuesday, November 01, 2005

Didn't want to go here...

I was desperately trying to stay as far away from this subject as I could this year, but after knowing what I know now, I just can't keep quiet.

Halloween tends to be a very controversial topic these days, and I'm not going to say what part Christians should play in this "holiday." I simply want to share 4 different things that went on last night that I personally know about right here in my own community (in the middle of the "Bible belt"--keep in mind!)

1. A 10-year old girl dressed up as Marilyn Monroe--her mother's idea!
2. Two 13-year-old girls dressed as prostitutes, standing on a corner under a street lamp.
3. An 11-year old boy dressed up as a Playboy playmate, wearing his mother's thong, and went to a Baptist church fall festival. His mother thought it was cute!!!
4. (This outrages me!!) A 10-year-old boy dressed with blood all over and pieces of Styrofoam taped to his body. His mother was with him. He said he was supposed to be

a

9-11

victim!!!!



What????? You've got to be kidding! I can't believe how far this nation has gone. What are parents thinking???? Obviously they have forgotten. What's it gonna take next to get our attention, if only 4 years later, we are making jokes about terrorist attacking the Twin Towers?

8 comments:

Corry said...

Good question:"what are parents thinking?" It seems they don't at all, especially when it doesn't affect them. It's awful to see people become more and more insensitive towards and about eachother. But God knows all about it.

God's Grace.

Kc said...

It seems that the sensitivities of many today are backward. Contrast the costumes you saw with costumes of soldiers and policemen and consider the outrage some would have at the idea of a parent who would allow little Johnny to emulate those professions.

I can appreciate those who refrain from participating in Halloween activities however I decided long ago to treat it with the proper irreverence. I like to make fun of the ghouls and ghost and prefer not to grant the day any power over me at all. ;-)

Nunzia said...

oooooooooo that makes me really angry. Who would do that?

PackerPundit said...

that is disgusting and rathere offensive
is there any doubt there is a Devil and if that is so there must be a loving God.

anyway... mostly I just wanted to tell you how awesomely cute you look in that new profile pic!

Tim said...

Trust me, all the world's only gonna get worse before it gets better, so hold on to your faith in God and get set for the decent into ..... (don't even want to go there).

BTW nice pic.

Anonymous said...

Hey Kristi,

THERE !!!! I SAW YOUR BLOG!! gossssshhh(Napoleon)!!
bye,
-Benji

Kristi B. said...

Yes, I'm glad I'm not the only one who thought this was just totally inappropriate!

Romey and Green, flattery will get you nowhere...as the old saying goes...but I do appreciate the compliments!

RF2R2 said...

The extent of the Fall is unsearchable. The depravity of human nature knows no limit...