Monday, November 07, 2005

Uncertain Near Future

I had to post something somewhat "light" real quick, because we are about to get into another pretty "heavy" discussion... Get ready!

So you want to be just casual friends,
And with that simple phrase, it all just ends?
I'm shocked, puzzled, and amazed,
Hurt, lonely, wondering, and dazed.

What happened to the new-found passion?
Why has my once-vibrant face now turned ashen?
Was this just one more mistake to add to the list
Of shallow, non-commital guys I have kissed?

I truly believed this time was different.
Not just based on feelings and how things went.
But because you had respect for God and me,
Somthing I'd not found much previously.

Every aspect seemed just right,
Outward and inward, both a green light.
But one small problem got in the way--
I happen to live too far away.

I plan to see you in sixteen days.
Will it be a time to resurrect our old ways?
Or "just friends" wishing each other well?
I have no idea; only time will tell.

1 comment:

Bill said...

Wow, I am speachless. I am sorry that you have to struggle with the agony of things like this. I will be an ear for you if you ever need to pour out your heart. I am a pretty good listener. I will be praying for you.