Monday, July 24, 2006

Changes

Well, work is finally starting to slow down for me. After several weeks of skipping lunch break, staying late, and even taking work home over the weekend, I am definitely glad for the slow-down! You know, just a simple "thank you" from the boss would make me feel good about all my hard work, but I guess I will have to do without. I'm not complaining; just sort of evaluating my feelings, I guess--dealing with the retrospect feelings of, "Was all that worth it?"

My church just completed another week of VBS. They work hard to get alot of unchurched kids and teenagers from the community involved and use it as an outreach program. Listening to all the blessings and testimonies last night in church, I sure wished I could have been helping at VBS (like I did every year before my current job), and being involved in that eternal work, rather than my earthly work. But God gave me this job, and He knows where my heart was all week, so I'm going to trust Him with all that... Why do I still feel guilty? Probably because I'm too focused on what others think of me... story of my life.

Anyhow, I'm looking forward to new opportunities in the future. People are going to continue to judge my motives and reasons for doing what I'm doing (moving to San Antonio), but I'm going to continue to not let it get to me, and just follow what I feel to be God's hand leading me on.

I know this post is completely random. Really I'm just thinking on paper (or on screen, I suppose). I probably have lost a good group of readers due to my silence the last 2 months, and that's okay. I didn't start this blog for readers, but to have an outlet for what goes on inside my head and heart.

I have been so dizzy all day. I really need to start taking my iron supplements again.

See, I told you it was random.

10 comments:

Luke said...

I'm still reading. :)

Anonymous said...

glad to see you back posting. i'm still reading. :)

Kc said...

Still praying too. ;-)

kdoll aka *~Puzzle~* said...

Hey Kristi! I'm so glad you're back. I've been waiting for you to return and I'm definately still reading.

I have started a new project and I am wondering if you would like to be apart of it. Basically I want to collect postcards from people all over the world . I'm calling it Postcard Exchange (I've posted it on my blog if you want to read more about it) as I offer to send a postcard of Australia to anyone who will send me a postcard from their location. Are you interested? I hope you are as it's doubly cool to get a postcard from a familiar blogger.

Well let me know if your interested by commenting on my blog or emailing me.

Corry said...

So good to hear from you, random or not.
Still reading and praying. :-)

Take care of yourself, girl. Nobody is helped with you falling ill.

Luv ya, girl.

God's Grace.

Katie said...

i understand the state of randomness and actually recommend it from time to time

hope that things keep slowing down enough for you to breathe and so excited to hear about how great all the new changes affect your life

Tim Rice said...

I'm still checking in every so often. And it's okay to be random. There's a time and a place for everything.

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

"People are going to continue to judge my motives and reasons for doing what I'm doing (moving to San Antonio), but I'm going to continue to not let it get to me, and just follow what I feel to be God's hand leading me on."

Go for it! I have to admit one reason I get weary of moving several states away is the distance from family, which is why I mentioned it before to you. However, don't let any naysayer dissaude you. Forgive me if I ever sounded like one beforehand. You have obviously thought it out. Every so often, we just have to buckle down like Abraham and set off on our journey to get where we our going. You can serve God whereever you go.

audrey` said...

Yeah!
I'm still reading :)