Monday, June 26, 2006

Next week's itenerary

Friday, June 3o

  • Work from 8-5.
  • Drive like a mad-woman home from work and pack Jeep for trip.
  • Get on the road to Ohio by 6:00 pm
  • Drive all night long

Saturday, July 1

  • Arrive at grandparents house about 4 am
  • Visit/talk/chit-chat for about an hour.
  • Go to bed at 5 am and get up at 7 am
  • Go to Cedar Point and wear yourself out even more all day.
  • (Warn family that you will be very crazy and potentially dangerous operating on 2 hours sleep in 48 hours!)

July 2-4--Just relax and have fun with the family.

Wednesday, July 5

  • Drive back to South Carolina from Ohio.
  • Unpack, do laundry, and repack for next trip.

Thursday, July 6

  • Work from 8-5 (and fix all the problems from my absence!).
  • Leave straight from work and go to the airport.
  • Fly out to San Antonio at 6:30 pm.
  • Visit with friends, play with the kids, and go to bed!

Friday, July 7

  • Interview at 10:00 am.
  • Go looking at apartments all afternoon.

Saturday, July 8

  • Get packed and ready to go back home
  • Fly back to Columbia. Land at 10:55 pm.
  • Drive home and then crash for 6 hours!!!!!!!

Sound like fun? woo-hoo.... I'll be in 3 states in 3 days... (well, more if you count the ones I drive through!) I might start to feel important or something! ha ha. NO seriously, I just wanted to post this so you all could pray for strength, safety, and energy in the next week for me. Thanks.

18 comments:

Bobby said...

Will do.

Tim Rice said...

Thanks for the update. Am praying in regards to your request. Take care.

Anonymous said...

Hmmm... I caught this in my Google Reader subscription! I thought you weren't gonna post until August ;-)

Anyway, God's blessings and traveling mercies to you.

However, I saw you premise your trip with proviso for hardly any sleep therein in your little itinerary. Whenever and whereever yo go, please exercise caution! I always thought it was nigh on impossible to fall asleep driving just because of the focus and energy one puts into it. However, I once came back from Europe in the evening after a full day, with only a few hours of sleep the night before. During the flight from Frankfurt, I just simply could not sleep at all on an airplane which was the designated time to sleep on my itinerary. I already had been up for over 27 hours straight. Then, I had to drive home from Dulles International at D.C. which takes 6 hours, and drop a lady off along the way. The pressure was on me just to get home ASAP, and forget about lodging. Needless to say, it was a real struggle for me to stay conscious the last hour. After I dropped my passenger off, the final hour just about ended in disaster, as I fell asleep for a few seconds, and caught a rut on the side of the road and quickly came too, and restored control of my Jeep. That was a wake-up call for me, and kind of scary. So, don't let it happen to you. Take precautions! Please get adequate sleep before you drive long distances. ;-)

Needless to say, God protects naive people like myself, but we should never test the limits of His providential care all the same.

Katie said...

Hey girly, I was just thinking about you yesterday and wondering how the "future plans" were coming. That is a crazy itenerary but sounds like so much fun with fam and friends. I will be praying for all the details of the prospective move (and for good rest, it sounds like you will need it)

Corry said...

We will be praying for you! Be careful and try not to wear yourself out. Although I don't think that's possible, reading your schedule! :-)

Luv ya.

God's Grace.

Matthew Celestine said...

Everything all planned out? Very impressive.

audrey` said...

Sure, we'll pray for you, Kristi :)
Take care dear.

Kc said...

Take care of you! We'll ask and trust in Him to do His part in that. ;-)

Radical One said...

hey girl! please do take good care of yourself, as you're enjoying the journe!

blessings!
lisa

Godwyn Lim said...

Dear sister Kristi,

Have a journey mercy! Surely the Lord's hand is on you with all the promises in Palsm 91:-)

Will keep you in prayer! God speed!

Anonymous said...

praying for your safety as you travel... Take care. :)

tonymyles said...

Busy busy busy!

Tim said...

Kristi:

nice to hear that you are still alive... and looks like a busy slate for you. Be safe & I wish you success in your endeavors...

Gordon said...

Sounds like you are pretty busy. Hope everything goes well as you travel.

audrey` said...

Welcome home :)

Katie said...

hope you made it back safe and sound and got to catch up on some much needed sleep

Nunzia said...

miss you kris

Anonymous said...

I am glad you had a safe trip. I hope you enjoyed your time off.