Thursday, June 01, 2006

Kristi's Adventures at the Gas Pump

I had to get gas yesterday. So, I got off the exit where it's always the cheapest. Now, granted, sometimes I have to wait in line, but I figure paying $2.49 and having to wait a little is better than paying $2.63 or $2.69 elsewhere. So, I got in line. I was the only car in line for pump #4, and I think it was pretty obvious that I was waiting. Well, in comes this tiny little sports car and jumps right in front of me and pulls up to the pump as the other car was leaving.

Flashback: Last time this happened, I let the person know I was already in line and I was just a little ticked off by their inconsideration. Well, that led to nearly getting into a fist fight with a huge black guy. Lesson learned. I do not want to do that again.

So, with all the strength in me, I didn't mouth any words through my windshield or do anything ugly or obscene. I just pulled around to wait at the next pump.

I get there, no problem, put in my credit card and reach for the grade 87 pump. Umm, is this some kind of cruel joke? The handle thingy was totally gone. I was not about to get in line again, so after all that I ended up just getting the grade 89 gas for $2.59--still cheaper than other places.

Anyways, that's my story. Even the simplest things turn into adventures of bad luck with me. I don't get it.

9 comments:

Katie said...

Man your gas is cheap, I'm jealous.

And I am now picturing you getting into a fist fight with a "huge black guy". You kick his butt in my mental image, by the way.

Adventure of bad luck? Yes
Good blog material? Definitely

Anonymous said...

Well, that led to nearly getting into a fist fight..."

Little grasshopper, you need to learn Muay Thai Kickboxing, the "The Science of Eight Limbs", as the hands, feet, elbows, and knees are all used extensively in this art. Add to that, some Brazilian Jujutsu for grappling, which is all about leverage, not strength. Then you could take him, and be like a Ms. Bruce Lee...

Layeth the smack down Kristi ;-) Spinning scissor kick, a choke hold, toss over the back, and an Americana shall bring him to submission. The bigger they are, the harder they fall, ight?

Who I am kidding anyway? You better run next time!??!?! You're five foot, nothing, and you are a lady :-)

On a serious note, sorry about your misfortune. Today, is one of those blah days universally I think.

Tim Rice said...

Wow, your gas prices are low! Here, we pay around $3.00 a gallon plus or minus ten cents. But it does sound like a cruddy time at the pump.

Bobby said...

Yeah, those are some low prices. I just paid $2.79, and that was a good price for here.

Kc said...

"...and tribulation worketh patience..."

It's not always clear why is it? It's not always enjoyable either. ;-)

Corry said...

Ehhh...all for a reason?!

Next time you get gas, bring Cinnamon and tell them her bite is worse than her bark (grin).

God's Grace.

Nunzia said...

ahh sometimes i'm grateful i dont drive :)

audrey` said...

HaHaHa!
Corry is very correct and funny.

So sorry to hear that someone bullied our dear sis.
Take care :)

Lawrence Furniture Cleaning said...

Graateful for sharing this