Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Emotional Week

Turmoil in the household as 5 year old Kendall has been in the hospital for 2 days now, and won't be released for at least a week. She has the flu and secondary pneumonia. Poor thing hasn't eaten or drank anything. She's so weak and can hardly move or talk. She has occasional coughing fits which hurt and scare her so bad that it leads to crying fits. It's so hard to go into the room and act normal and be happy and strong for her. As I kissed her goodnight, she reached out and grabbed my hand and just wouldn't let go. I wanted to cry, but held it back. Then, I had to take care of Jillian all night, and wait for J to get home from the hospital. I needed to be strong for both of them, and understanding about not celebrating Valentine's Day. I feel so selfish wanting some time to just cry by myself for a little bit!

No comments: