Monday, February 21, 2011

What a week!

My boyfriend's little 5 year old has been in the hospital for 7 days now. It has been very scary, but we are on the upswing finally. She had influenza B, followed by MRSA pneumonia, which has a mortality rate of over 50%. Thank goodness, she's improving, and making progress daily. I'm ready to get back to routine, and sleeping in my own bed at normal hours! Hopefully the transition back to home will be smooth for Kendall, and she'll bounce back to normal without expecting to still be treated like a sick, helpless baby! I want her to be strong and have a little bigger picture of the world around her through this experience, so that it will make her a little less focused on herself. Maybe that's too much to ask of a 5-year-old, but I know she can do it!

No comments: