Monday, April 17, 2006

Weekend Ramblings

Let the beach times begin!

Yep. I went to the beach Saturday. It was beautiful, but pretty windy and very crowded! Still was nice to get out there. I took Cinnamon with me. She absolutely LOVED running along the edge of the beach. She wore me out. I couldn't keep up with her! Anyways, on the way there, I saw an absolutely SWEET Ferrari. I kept trying to take pics out the windshield with my phone. Here's the best that I got:


I sure wouldn't mind taking that V12, who-knows-how-many-horsepower-engine for a spin!

So, if Saturday wasn't cool enough, Easter Sunday rocked! Our little church (at the most, we have 100 on Sunday mornings) does a community Easter sunrise service each year. Yesterday, we had 600+ in attendance! The Word was preached and many got saved. Praise the Lord.

Then, it got pretty emotional last night. One of our church members got shipped off to Iraq this morning. So last night we had a goodbye party type of thing for him. I've known him since I was just in diapers, so it was pretty tough to say goodbye. Anyhow, keep Mr. Gantt in your prayers as well as his wife when you think about it, along with all of our soldiers over there and their families here.

That is all my ramblings for now. =) Happy Monday.

19 comments:

Kc said...

I'm thankful the community service was so blessed. We'll keep this soldier in our prayers as well. I keep thinking of Brandon too. I hope we hear something on him soon.

The car is kewl but I drewl over bikes (hehe). Happy Monday! ;-)

Bobby said...

Wow -- 600! That's phenomenal!

I'll pray for the soldier. I've had a couple friends go over there, and they've come back safely.

Nephos said...

Glad to hear of blessings yesterday.

Blessings.

Luke said...

Yeah, you can check out that car here if ya want.

It was encouraging to hear of your large attendance on Sunday. I hope some of them keep coming!

Katie said...

ahhhh the beach, let's just say I am perfectly jealous, and a sunrise service, how wonderful, happy monday back at ya

Corry said...

We will remind him in our prayers.
I am grateful the service went so well.

I wouldn't recommend spinning with that Ferrari(grin).

God's Grace.

Anonymous said...

Hey! Guess who will be in Greensboro, NC June 13-14? Hmmmmmm, guess guess guess.

Kristi B. said...

Josh, who, who, who, who, who?????

Tim Rice said...

Ah, the beach. Sounds wonderful. I just love the sounds of the waves and the sea birds. And either sunrise or sunset on the beach can be so inspiring and so peaceful.

The report on your community sunrise service is exciting. And the Word bore fruit and probably continues to bear fruit in ways that may not be immediately known.

I'm whispering a prayer for your church member who got shipped off to Iraq. Iraq is a sobering situation no matter how one looks at it. And when it is a person you've known for so long it makes it that much harder.

Matthew Celestine said...

I cannot say I am fond of beaches.

Anonymous said...

glad you had a great easter. will sure remember them in prayers. God bless!

oh, and that car... wow! =)

Gordon said...

Sounds like you had a great weekend.

That Ferrari would be fun to use in chasing down wild hogs, don't you think? :)

Anonymous said...

O to preach to 600! What a delight that would be... The closest to that I've ever come was to about 400 for a funeral of a 27 year old woman... It was sad but joyous...

O death where is your sting!

We had our usual 40 for Sunday... But I preached as if there were 4,000! I wish that I had recorded it. Beth said it was one of my better sermons. Always seems to happen that way. :) It will have to be recorded by Him.
Great to hear you had a good weekend. We almost went to the beach as well. Beth's brother and sister in law were in town. The drive was too much.
Blessings
BTW, you can drive one of those cute Ferrari's for just under half a million...

Kristi B. said...

Gordon... You had me laughing until I cried on that one!

Anonymous said...

Kristi its allways good to hear when GODS LOVE IS SHARED " THANKS AND MY PRAYER IS THAT GOD WILL CONTINUE TO POUR OUT THE BLESSINGS ON YOUR CHURCH ! YES I WILL PRAY FOR THE YOUNG MAN THAT DEPLOYED . I HAVE ONE SON-LAW THERE NOW AND MY DAUGHTER AND SON-LAW THAT WILL BE GOING BACK AUGUST 1ST FOR THE 5TH TIME AND THE BEST THING WE CAN DO IS PRAY FOR THEM EACH DAY THAT GOD WILL SEE THEIR SAFE RETURN ? MAY GOD BE WITH YOU ! RON .

Tim said...

Sure taking that Ferrari for a spin would be sa-weet! But with gas prices what they are, I'll stick with my V6 beastmobile.

Glad your Easter was great.

kdoll aka *~Puzzle~* said...

that's really awesome that you had 600 at your easter service. Praise God for the people saved. I love the beach!

sofyst said...

I have not spoken to you in forever. So here I go: hi!

Wasn't that beautiful?

audrey` said...

va va vroom in the red Ferrari!!!

HaHaHa!