Monday, April 10, 2006

Does anyone understand ME?

Some things happen to use in life, and we just do not understand what is going on. Well, it's true for me, anyways. Some things look so right in our own eyes, and by our own understanding, and yet no one else seems to understand us or see it our way.

Do you ever wish that someone would just be able to look at you and understand how you're feeling; understand your needs at that very moment, without you having to go through the effort of explaining, and communicating, and hoping you won't be misunderstood? Would be nice, huh? Do you ever wish that someone could know how miserably you have failed, and just help you up, forgive, and get you going in the right direction once again without you having to go through the whole story of what you did, why you did it, what led you to do it, etc, etc.? Do you get irritated with friends for not noticing that , "Hell-lloo?? I'm hurting here... Can't you see it?"

The One we need to go to when we feel this way is usually the exact One we shy away from. We feel guilty for letting Him down. We feel ashamed for not being faithful. We feel embarrassed for not being true to the blood that bought us. We're too proud to admit our wrong and ask for forgiveness and grace once again.

But we can take comfort in the fact that He won't misunderstand us. He DOES already know how we feel and what we need. He simply asks us to humble ourselves, and confess our sins. He'll be faithful and just to forgive us and cleanse us. He will get us through whatever we are facing that we don't understand. He made us. He knows us. He knows what He's doing in our lives, even when we don't understand it. And He calls to us, "Trust ME."

He is my lover, helper, and friend.
He loves me.
He loves me just the way I am.
He loves me enough to not let me stay the way I am.
He loves me by correcting me.
He loves me even when I don’t love back.
He helps me.
He helps me overcome my enemies.
He helps me through each day, and each moment.
He helps me cope in times of sorrow.
He helps me when I just don’t know what to do.
He’s my friend.
He’s my friend by listening to my cares.
He’s my friend by telling me what I need to hear.
He’s my friend by remaining loyal no matter what
He’s my friend by encouraging my spirit.


This old hymn is in my head today:

"Jesus is all the world to me, my life, my joy, my all;
He is my strength from day to day, without Him I would fall.
When I am sad, to Him I go, no other one can cheer me so;
When I am sad, He makes me glad, He’s my Friend."

12 comments:

Tim Rice said...

Good thoughts and excellent encouragement. Sometimes it's so hard to remember that God always wants us to come to Him with our problems and shortcomings. And I think your post challenges us to relate to one another as God relates to us. That leaves us room for a life time of growth.

Bobby said...

That's what I'm talkin' 'bout!

Katie said...

very true stuff here Kristi, He is the one that understands us best and yet we so often turn to Him lastly, what heartache and frustration we would save if we would only trust Him

Kc said...

Kristi, what a wonderful post and so encouraging. I love that hymn too. Thank you. ;-)

Corry said...

Wow! Amen!
And thank you for sharing so much encouragement:-)

God's Grace.

Gordon said...

Awesome post, Kristi! Thanks for this encouragement.

Tim said...

Very well thought out post.

It is so true that He knows is better than we do ourselves.

Thanks

Jonathan Moorhead said...

Off topic: I'm glad to see your "Blogs for Bush"

kdoll aka *~Puzzle~* said...

that's exactly how I've been feeling lately. And it frustrates me alot. Thanks for reminding me that God understands us.

Anonymous said...

when nobody understands us, we can be sure the He does. i needed that reminder. thank you. =)

Matthew Celestine said...

Very true.

audrey` said...

Thank you so much for the reminder and encouragement.

Jesus is our best friend!