Tuesday, February 28, 2006

Seriously Succulent Situation

I was challenged by a friend to use the word succulent three times in conversation today.

suc·cu·lent
adj.
1. Full of juice or sap; juicy.
2. Botany. Having thick, fleshy, water-storing leaves or stems.
3. Highly interesting or enjoyable; delectable: a succulent bit of gossip.


I've tried, and I barely start a sentence before I crack up. The word just makes me laugh.

I intended to say, "I could really go for a nice, succulent apple right now." But, it was more like, "I could...... bwah ha ha ha ha ha HA HA HA HA HA HA HA." ha ha ha.

I just can't do it.

But I just used it in this post three times. Maybe that will count for something... but I doubt it!

Have yourselves a succulent day, and see if you can use the word three times in conversation (real, live conversation) today!

11 comments:

Corry said...

This succulent post is very succulent. A succulent could learn something here. I am driving you nuts already? I'll try harder (grin).

Have a succulent day, hehe.

God's Grace.

Kc said...

I can't do it either. I keep wanting to apply it to Corry somehow (hehe)

Out Of Jersey said...

so you are asking me to have a sappy day?

perhaps you should find a word to substitute for succullent.

Carey said...

Toothsome? Juicy? Plump?

Have a toothsome day. Nah.

Have a juicy day. Nope.

Have a plump day... have them every day.

Gordon said...

I am currently eating a bowl of ice cream that is succulent with chunks of peanut butter and chocolate.

I don't know if that is correct usage of the word, but the ice cream sure is good.

Anonymous said...

i want a succulent meal when i get home. yikes! =)

Kitty Cheng said...

I think this is a very succulent blog. I'm not surprised because you seem to be a succulent writer with lots of interestingly succulent information to share Kristi. Thanks for that! I really enjoyed reading this succulent post :) LOL!

Stephanie said...

You are Fun-NY!

"Succulent". Hmmm. I'd laugh out loud every time too.

Timothy said...

Kristi,
I have a succulent similar story from yesterday... I was having one of those days where I was fairly beat down, so when I went to say our evening prayer, I started as the Puritan writer... "Lord, we are but dust before You..." And of course, Beth starts giggling...

What are you giggling at?
She said, "We are Butt dust?"
So I can never use that phrase again from the pulpit... she says she giggles every time I use it... Hope that was succulent enough...
Blessings

audrey` said...

Your post is
So succulent
Very succulent
Extremely succulent...

HaHaHa!

kdoll aka *~Puzzle~* said...

if you can't to, why should i do it...lol! succulent, succulent succulent! that's 3 times.