Monday, December 12, 2005

Shwoooo!

I got pulled over for speeding out of state 2 weeks ago....yes, surprise, surprise....I know. (No harrasment please!) I thought the ticket would be really high, because I was (it painse me to even write this) almost 30 mph over the speed limit.

Yeah, it had just turned from 70 to 65 to 55 all within a really short distance, and I hadn't slowed down yet when he got me. So, I'm thinking like, $300 or close to it. He didn't give me the amount on the spot--I had to wait to weeks and then call "Criminal Court." (Yeah, that'll make a person feel real good about themselves.)

So, I called today, and it was $100 less than I expected....Yea!

(Let me just insert something real quick. I know after reading this, you guys are thinking, "Wow. She deserved to be in that wreck then, the little speed-demon." Not quite. Just get that out of your head. The two are totally unrelated. I was NOT speeding when I got in the wreck. Just had to clear that up!) =)~

So, now, I won't be speeding. I'll be hesitant to go through an intersection EVEN when I have a green arrow. People behind will be frustrated, but that's okay. I'm just gonna drive like a great-grandma. (I had to throw the GREAT-grandma in there, because my Gramma reads this, and I don't want her to be offended!!)

And now, I have $100 to buy Christmas presents with, that I wasn't expecting to have! Woo-hoo. Things are looking better by the minute.

11 comments:

steve said...

SLOW DOWN!!

Ha Ha.

I will have to admit that the whole speed=crash thang did cross my mind....

Kristi B. said...

yeah, yeah, yeah

Jorge, usually, I would talk the officer out of giving me a ticket, but I was tired, and grouchy, and my mom was with me--so I didn't exactly feel comfortable flirting with this old guy in front of her!! =)

I'll post pics of my new wheels soon!

Kc said...

I will abstain from fussing about the speeding in order to point out that the Grandma reference was still telling! ;-)

We truly hope you're doing well and are looking forward to hearing about your new wheels!

Corry said...

Did your mom fuss at you? If she didn't...then I WILL:-)

Glad it turned out not as much as you thought. Oh, and you can tell Kc about the new wheels, I would love to hear about your new car, hehe.

God's Grace.

Tim said...

Jeep Liberty, eh? I loked at one of those the other day & liked what I saw. Too bad somebody bought it before I could...

Speeding tickets, like accidents are horrible. But at least you were pleasantly surprised. Mine are usually more than I think they should be.
I always say (after getting a speeding ticket) that I'm going to slow down. I do for awhile. But I'm an impatient driver....

Ron said...

You are OK, and you are priceless! Enjoy your holiday!

Kristi B. said...

Yes, Corry, EVERYBODY fussed at me...no shortage of that!

J, if there was a bus that ran from my house to work, I might consider taking it. Unfortunately, that option is not available!

Thanks everyone for your comments!

Corry said...

Sorry girl, for fussing and I didn't mean to hurt you with it. But it's done out of love:-) I think you know that. Forgive me?

God's Grace.

Kristi B. said...

Corry, don't be sorry for fussing!! I needed it! I'm not hurt by it at all. I need to slow down. Of course, if it makes you feel better, I will tell you you are forgiven, even though there was no offense taken! =)

Corry said...

Thanks, I feel better, hehe.
Kc said next time he will play bad cop, he doesn't mind being offensive(big grin).

God's Grace.

jbb said...

hey im glad your ok and now im jelaous. i wish i had a new jeep liberty:P. but more importantly i hope your body is feeling better and healing well. and about my poem. yes it was me writing to my self, though i tried to hold the perspective and voice of mearly a reader of my works and not the reader/author that i truely am.