Tuesday, December 20, 2005

What Is Up with This???

What is going on? As if living through the drama of my own wreck wasn't enough, in the past four days I have heard of 6 terrible wrecks, and seen 3 of them right before my own eyes.

Friday night, on the way to go shopping, the car in front of us suddenly veers off into the median at high speed, crashed through several yards of a fence, hit an oncoming car, and swerved back into the median, steering recklessly in every direction before finally coming to a smoky stop.

On the way home that same night, we passed where a car had just totally smashed into a tree off the road. The only thing left of the car was the trunk.

Sunday in church, a teacher from Lexington High School asked prayer for their assistant principal's family who lost both children in an accident Friday night.

Then my good friend Paul, who is a youth pastor up in Maryland, lost one of the college students from his church in an accident on the way home from college.

Sunday night, on my way home from a friend's house, I was going through the same intersection where my wreck happened a few weeks ago. I was going through on a green light once again, and this COMPLETE MORONIC IDIOT pulls out and turns right in front of me! Thankfully, I have become a little more cautious while going through intersections, so I was able to hit the brakes and avoid another wreck.

This morning, on my way to work, a Pepsi Semi overturned right before my eyes on the other side of the highway. It came smashing through several lanes of traffic, and overturned on the barracades in the middle, pinning a car up between the two. A couple cars in front of me actually had debris land on them from the Pepsi truck.

Okay, I know wrecks happen all the time. Yes, I pass wrecks every day. But they don't usually happen right in front of me like this. And I don't usually come away with a strong feeling of horror in the pit of my stomach.

I don't know what's going on, but it terrifies me just getting in my car to go anywhere these days. Have people just totally blown through the roof on the "Idiotic Driving Scale" or what?

Anyways, I sure hope this ends soon--and not for my sake, but for the sake of all drivers and children out there.

Please be safe through the holidays and always!!

_____________
This message brought to you by just another driver who gets fed up with MORONS on the road!!!

8 comments:

Tim said...

Wow all those accidents before your eyes and you're not involved in any of them! Your Guardian angels must think you've had enough of accidents...

Were the roads slippery to cause all of these accidents? How much snow do you generally get in South Carolina?

Kristi B. said...

yes, my guardian angels definitely need a break!!

Roads weren't slippery except for one of the instances, if I remember correctly. We get snow about every other year or so. We get flurries usually every year, but not much accumulation. We get ice at least once a year though--just enough to make people go absolutely insane!!! You would be amazed!

Jose said...

wow... I think you have a whole army of angels :)

Anonymous said...

take care always, kristi. may God protect you always.

Anonymous said...

There are wrecks everywhere. I had my first ever this past Sunday. Not bad, but it was enough to ruin the hood of our car. Fortunately, the other driver's insurance is accepting responsibility.

I'm glad you are OK
Timothy

Bill said...

Wow....thats crazy

audrey` said...

you are always under the wonderful protection of our Lord :)

blessed Christmas, Kristi!

jbb said...

aww thats so scary. i havent seen a wreck ever in my life. not one. its crazy youve seen so many, espically so recently. well stay safe and be careful. as for my writing well thats a whole nother story. to be honest ive been writing for ever but i almost never get comments from any one, and so ive gone to a poetry critique site where i post most of my stuff now. but for you ill be sure to update it with the good ones. also works been super busy (though today was my last day) and ive been taking alot more time with my poems, trying to make them better. but thanks for stopping by and ill be sure to keep posting:).