Friday, December 30, 2005

Whatever you do, do it with Passion!

Can you handle this??? Two serious posts in a row! Completely out of character for me, I know...but oh, well. The new year is all about changes, right?

Well, since I brought THAT up, here is my goal for 2006:

I want to have a deeper passion about everything I do this year.

A friend of mine got me to thinking about passion a few weeks ago, and I haven't stopped. You know, passion belongs in every area of our lives, not just our love life(s). (just kidding about the "lifes") ha ha. But seriously, I found this definition for passion--"boundless enthusiasm". Shouldn't we as Christians have boundless enthusiasm in all that we do?

It's one thing to just go through life, and do what you're supposed to do. It's another thing to go through life LOVING what you do; being enthusiastic about it; having a burning desire for it.

Here's some areas I'd like to develop more passion in:
  • Pleasing God instead of others
  • Making progress in musical efforts
  • Prayer and Bible reading
  • Loving others
  • Working with my group of bus kids
  • Writing
  • The lost
  • Watching/letting God work in my life
  • Applying myself at my job
  • Friendships
  • Encouraging/helping others
  • Regular gym attendance (I have really been slackin' lately)
  • Driving safely =)~

Just had to throw the last one in there to see if you were still paying attention!!

I hope God gives you all a great and passionate 2006!

12 comments:

Corry said...

A passion for passion?(grin).

May God strengthen you to accomplish anything you set your mind to:-) I have every confidence in you.

God's Grace.

Kc said...

There are those who have a zeal without knowledge but in your case I would say, "burn baby, burn" (grin) love ya girl!

Kristi B. said...

Logan, good observation. Yes, Corry, I have a passion for passion!! I just love the way that sounds... Kc, you make me smile =)

steve said...

Passion Rocks

Happy New Year!!

Tim said...

Here's to being more passionate in 2006.

Good luck with your lizt. I'm sure you'll succeed at most of them, if you put forth the effort.

Sounds like you will.

Have a safe & happy New Year, Kristi.

Curious Servant said...

That is an excellent list.

happy new year to you, sister in Him...

audrey` said...

May your 2006 be filled with joy, peace, love, good health and rich blessings from our Lord!

Happy New Year!

sofyst said...

Passion sucks...I'm very passionate about that stance.

I like your last two, I think they are very fitting...I need to work on finding my socks. Perhaps that will be my resolutin for the year. My feet are cold and I need some socks (this is what happens when you wear flip flops for 11 months of the year, you do not own many socks.)

Anonymous said...

the last one made me smile. may you have a blessed new year!

Anonymous said...

is it wrong of me, that everytime i see your blog, i am proud? you are quite a successful blogger! and i know why. you are transparent with God's people about their God. keep humbly serving our King.

Kristi B. said...

Josh, you have every right to be proud!! Thanks for encouraging me to blog. It has been such a huge blessing.

Matthew Celestine said...

I ought to put more passion into the things I do. Most stuff I achieve is really mediocre.

God Bless