Monday, September 26, 2005

Missing You

I believe God has feelings. The Bible makes it clear that He gets angry, He grieves, is jealous, weeps, delights, is pleased. This leads me to believe that God probably misses us when we become distant. You know how much you miss someone when you've been in a close relationship with them, and then they break it off, or go on a vacation, or just become distant? You can't wait to hear their voice again, or see a text message pop up, saying they miss you too, or see their face, and catch up on all that's been going on.

Sometimes we forget that God is personal. He misses us just like that when we go all day without talking to Him, or listening to Him talk to us. We kind of just shove Him into a back corner, and promise to get around to talking to Him later on. Well, how would you feel if someone you loved treated you like that?

Is God missing you today?

P.S. Congratulations to the Carolina Gamecocks on their 45-20 win over Troy on Saturday! =)

3 comments:

Kc said...

You make it sound like He would die just to have us be with Him!

Very inspiring. ;-)

Anonymous said...

You know, kc is right; it does sound like He would die just to have us be with Him! and He did. that is a sombering thought when i think of the many times i left Christ in the very back of my mind.

I know how He feels. There is a friend i have named Renee that i miss very much, and i feel a little sad when i don't hear from her, but i do hear from her eventually.

I'm a security officer, and i had the opportunity to listen to a man who was present in Louisiana during the hurricanes. He told me horrific stories of the devastation left by the hurricanes. He held dead babies in his arms, slept in flooded buildings on cots, and he even told me he lost his 4yr old son.

What does it have to do with God missing us?

The man called God a liar, and said God hated him, and was the cause of all his pain. He asked, 'where are You God?', why did this happen. Why are You hiding?'

The truth is God is always there, ready to listen. and just like i miss renee extremely, God misses us when we don't take the time to communicate with Him.

Picture this, Christ dying on the cross of Calvary. God has to turn His back on His only begotten son. Christ dies for a people, who wrongfully accused Him. You see God lost His son because of a devastating hurricane. That hurricane is us. God asks, 'where are you Marquese?', why are you hiding from me?' 'I died just so you could be close to Me.'

I love my friend renee a lot. I feel distant from her at times.

God loves me much more. I mean John 3:16 proves it. "For God so loved..." Put your name there.

When is the last time you said thank you.
Are you missed? I was able to encorage the man i spoke to. I told him God loves him. I told him how God's son died for him, and how He wants to save his soul.
I know God misses hearing from me.
It's not about you or me' it's about Him.

Kristi B. said...

Marquese, whoever this Renee girl is that is pushing you away, just let me at her...I'll kick her butt for putting you through that.

Or maybe she misses you too, but is scared of getting attached....