Thursday, September 29, 2005

One of those days...

I know we all have days where nothing seems to go right. I'm not asking for any sympathy; I just need to get this out of my system.

It all started this morning. I rushed out of the house to go to work, and 5 minutes later realized I forgot my cell phone. So I turned around, came back home, and started out again. So, of course I'm running late to work, and cannot find a parking spot anywhere!!! I finally park (no joke) at least a mile and a half away, and just hoof it.

Okay, so then I wasn't going to let it ruin my day... but things kept happening. One of my agencies got audited, and got written up for some incorrect procedures with federal grants. Therefore they had to submit corrections to me. Well, fifty-two pages came in about lunch time, and it all had to be manually entered into the system by 5:00, because the federal fiscal year ends tomorrow. (Not like anyone cares!) Anyways, I was majorly stressed out, and did not get anything done except for those corrections.

Well, okay fine. Not the end of the world. I had to run out at lunch and get a card for a friend in the hospital (more on that later), and when I came back, what do ya' know? Of course, someone took my parking spot. So I had to park even farther away, and be late back from lunch!!

Well, I left the office and headed for the hospital to see my friend, whom I thought was having not-so-major surgery today. Well, I get there and find out there were complications that caused the surger to last 9 hours long! and he was in ICU, so only family could see him. Okay. Wow. I guess I'll try again tomorrow....

So I get home, and mom says she's going out with the girls, and dad's going out with the guys. No food in the house b/c she hasn't been to the store. Well, okay. No big. I call up a friend and we hit Taco Bell. I was planning to stop at the ATM since I never have cash, and Taco Bell is one of the only places left that takes only cash! I guess I didn't get the memo, but apparently the drive-up ATM is THE PLACE to be on Thursday evenings---the line was wrapped around the building!!! Forget that--just hope my friend has a couple extra bucks. Well, she was thinking the same thing! Ha ha. So, we had to just each settle for about $3 worth of Taco Bell.

Well, then she told me that something I had said the night before had hurt her. Aaaahhh, great. Gotta work through that one. So I invite her home to have some leftover cake and ice cream (the only food left in the house). Well, we get all the way back to my house, and the cake is gone!!!! My dad took it to the guy's get-together thing. Wonderful!

Oh well, nothing left to do but go hit the gym for an hour or so.

I think I'll hurry and go to bed before anything else can happen.

Oh, and p.s.--major cramps on top of all this. (I know nobody wanted to know that, but it seemed to add tons to the negativity!!!)

okay, now that I said all that, I'm beginning to feel better. It's not so bad. I think God gives us days like this every once in a while so we can see how inadequate we are even for the simple things we face every day in life.

I'm planning to post tomorrow on the subject of Interracial Dating for the Christian, so be thinking about it!

3 comments:

Corry said...

Okay girl, come here and let me hold you for just a few:-)
Nothing is as it seems and "that time" makes it seem even worse. God gave you everything you needed to get through this and tomorrow is another day:-)

God's Grace.

Kc said...

As a “girl daddy” I’m moved to offer advice that might help in those times but someone wiser in these matters than me assured me that’s not needed so just know I send my heart hug too. ;-)

Now, did you really want me to consider interracial dating? Hmmm….okay but I think Corry already objects to the idea of me dating at all! (hehe)

Kristi B. said...

You guys are great!! Thanks for the kind words.

Kc, don't consider it for you!! Consider if you think it's right or wrong Biblically for Christians today. =) Very funny!