Tuesday, September 06, 2005

Hold on or Let go?

This was a weekend of new developments. It seemed like several new opportunities arose for rebuilding past relationships. I'm struggling with knowing what to hold on to and what to let go? How do you know? I'd like to be able to see before I make a decision, exactly how it will impact my future! Wouldn't that be nice? But then, I suppose that would make faith an unnecessary component of our lives. My problem is that I can't focus on building a new relationship, when I'm still holding on to a past one. Should I really let go of it? What if there is a chance that it may still work out? Will I ruin that chance if I let go? AAAAhhhhhh! So many questions! I guess it all comes back to faith! Trust God. Yeah, that's real easy to say! The "super-spiritual-sounding" idea came to mind that I should let go of everything, and hold on only to God. Well, how do I do that in real life? I honestly do not know how to make that concept reality. Any ideas?

4 comments:

Kc said...

Kristi for me new relationships merge into existing ones. If I share my life with another person then it occurs by necessity and I would actually have to work to prevent it otherwise. Hope that might help a bit. ;-)

Kristi B. said...

Kc, I understand your concept as far as friendships go, and would agree. But I guess the relationships I'm struggling the most with are either past-dating or potential-dating relatinships if that makes any sense. And if I'm holding onto a guy that I dated in the past, hoping we can work things out, then how am I going to be able to give someone else a fair chance who wants to get closer to me? (I know my post wasn't this specific!) Thanks for the comment.

Jorge, that is way cool! I'm glad you got your blog. I will link to it. Let me know if you need any help with it, okay?

Kc said...

I know the last thing you need is an old man offering advice BUT I’M A BUTTINSKY! ;-D

Perhaps friendship before romance with dating being clearly defined as a “trial”? That way you could remain friends. That won’t solve this crisis but maybe in the future? (I tell my girls the same thing) ;-)

Kristi B. said...

Kc, thanks for the advice. I hadn't thought of approaching it that way.