Wednesday, September 21, 2005

Overwhelmed by Grace

If you have never let yourself get overwhelmed by God's grace, you should!! I think grace is the most powerful of God's characteristics that I have experienced thus far in my life. It is what saved me in my lost and sinful state, it keeps me, shows me how to live, and one day will let me live forever in heaven!

Have you ever prayed for something, and deep down, you knew you did not deserve what you were praying for, but you also knew that God is able, so you prayed in faith anyway? Then God answers that prayer, and even though you knew He could do it, you are still a bit surprised? Wow. The grace of God. He daily gives me what I do not deserve. If God treated me like I treat Him sometimes, I would deserve for Him to be unfaithful, uncaring, disinterested, disloyal, unwilling to listen, etc.

Praise the Lord we don't get what we deserve. Praise Him for His grace. I really don't understand these people that say grace teaches people to live however they please. What??? Every time I stop and consider God's grace, I get convicted to try harder and do better to live a life pleasing to my Savior.

6 comments:

Corry said...

I like your positive approach and I am stunned by your understanding. You are an encouragement:-)

I agree, I wouldn't like to get what I deserve. I am so grateful for His mercy and His grace. He truly loves us:-)

God's Grace.

Kc said...

Great post. I'm not stunned I expect this from you! ;-)

When it comes to asking I really find it easier when I percieve God as Father.

Kristi B. said...

Thanks Corry. In all the negativity of this world, I think Christians shine brighter by being positive.

Kc, don't set your expectations too high...don't want to disappoint! =) Oh, and I am currently entertaining a new idea about the kingdom, put I don't think it's comment-ready yet!

Kristi B. said...

oops. that "put" should be "but"

Kc said...

Okay I’ll just have high hopes. ;-) I look forward to hearing your further considerations. I also wanted to let you know we corresponded with Kelli via Email. She was curious how we knew you so I sent her all our blog links. I hope that’s allright.

Kristi B. said...

Kc, that's wonderful! Actually, right now is a very stressing time for Kelli, because she's got some major decisions to make in the near future. So, I'm sure you all's emails were great encouragement for her.