Wednesday, October 26, 2005

A Prayer For ????

Lord, somewhere today is someone
Whose soul will one day be one with mine.
I pray Your presence will be real to that one;
That with Your love his life will shine.
Calm his fears; dissuade his worries;
Give him a peace that comes only from You.
Help him make decisions that will
Make his heart more wholly Yours.
Protect him from tragedy, harm, and
Evil darts of the wicked one.
Develop within him a deep, burning passion--
Passion for pleasing You, for purity,
For the souls of the lost.
Let him see You, Lord, and then
Fall in love with Who he sees.
Continue shaping his character and
Build him into a strong husband and father.
Keep his thoughts and his heart
Free of distractions from You,
And lead him to me
When Your time is right.
Thank you, Father.

7 comments:

Curious Servant said...

What a great prayer!

I pray something similar for my children's future mates.

Ron said...

Thanks Kristi! It is so good to hear from you! You can really thank Kc for keeping on my case. He is a real blessing, I can attest to that! Look forward to reading more of your work.

Kc said...

May God bless you greatly sweet lady. This prayer illustrates your love, hope and faith so well.

Corry said...

And we will pray with you that God may answer this prayer:-)

God's Grace.

Nunzia said...

i may have to borrow this prayer!

Anonymous said...

I don't see any new pictures, Kristi??? :)

Kristi B. said...

You guys are so encouraging. I haven't always had this faith, hope, and love, Kc. It has been quite a struggle, but I believe this is where God wants me, and these are the attitudes and desires that He blesses.

Dahlia, I wanted to be sure you saw all the bluebonnet pictures before i posted any more, so you would know what they looked like! =)