Monday, October 24, 2005

Contradictions

Ever felt joy and sadness at the same time?
Ever wanted to scream and laugh together?
Ever hoped and gave up in the same moment?
Ever been angry and grateful for the same thing?
Ever want to sing and cry with the same breath of air?
Ever wished to be alone and surrounded at the same time?
Ever asked God for death and grace to live in one prayer?
Ever wanted to remain bitter and grant forgiveness towards one person?
Ever loved deeply and hated incessantly with the same heart?
Ever felt motivated and discouraged by the same thing?
Ever been attracted to and repelled by a single individual?
Ever want to leave and stay at the same time?
Ever been relieved and stressed in a single moment?
Ever met with failure and success over a single happening?


Just wondering if I am alone in these contradictions of life and feelings...

5 comments:

Kc said...

It seems to me that I contradict myself that way whenever there's a conflict between my head and heart (or thoughts and feelings perhaps). I seem to do and feel much better when both are in agreement. Praying for you mam. ;-)

Corry said...

Sounds familiar, Kristi:-)
I totally agree with Kc. I think that what is known (thoughts) and what is believed (feelings) are not in line. Once the belief (often a false belief) is questioned and altered, the contradictions are mostly gone.

I am grateful your prayers concerning the church service were answered. Thank you Lord.

Keeping you in our prayers.

God's Grace.

steve said...

Blog surfing...

I agree with you on this one! May God bless you tremendously!

Nunzia said...

yes... that's how i feel right now! Thankful but wounded. I've put up a new post if you care to stop by my blog again. Thanks for putting into words what so many of us have often felt and rarely been to express!

Bill said...

You are not alone...I think I have dealt with all of these even before I got out of bed this morning....lol.