Thursday, October 06, 2005

Questions and an Answer

I find myself not being able to keep the "why's" out of my head...
Why is this happening?
Why is this girl suffering so much pain?
Why is a mother at such animosity with her daughter?
Why couldn't we find her sooner?
Why won't the mother let her live with us?
Why do things like this even happen?
Why hasn't the Word of God changed this woman's life yet?
Why are others so blinded to these atrocities?
Why can't anyone do anything about this?

But that still small voice inside of me keeps answering,

"Be still, my soul. The Lord is on thy side;
Bear patiently the cross of grief or pain.
Leave to thy God to order and provide.
In every change, He faithful will remain.
Be sitll, my soul. Thy best, thy heavenly Friend
Through thorny ways, leads to a joyful end."
--Katharina A. von Schelgel

(P.S. I'll find out more tonight and update tomorrow. Thanks for all the prayers.)

2 comments:

Kristi B. said...

Update: Some of you don't know what I'm talking about, so I will BRIEFLY give you the major points. The teenager, Crystal, has been living with her abusive mother, and getting into heated arguments on a regular basis. Finally she couldn't take the abuse any more, and that's when she ran away and called me the other morning. It took 6 hours, but we finally found her, and now her mother is finally agreeing to let her stay with us for at least Mondays through Thursdays. Your prayers are working. Thanks so much. Please continue to pray for wisdom, strength, and healing.

Kc said...

Kristi we will continue to pray for all involved and especially that the family might be reunited.